- 400 g celeriac
- ½ a medium swede
- 700 g King Edward potatoes
- 50 g butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 rashers thin cut smoked streaky bacon, from outdoor reared pigs
- Peel and chop the celeriac, swede and potatoes into large chunks. Place in a large pan of water. Bring to the boil and cook until tender, about 10 to15 minutes. Drain thoroughly and then return to the pan Lightly oil a large shallow baking dish.
- Roughly mash the celeriac, swede and potatoes together, adding half the butter and seasoning to taste. Spoon the mash into the ovenproof dish. Lay the bacon on top in a criss cross pattern. Dot over the remaining butter and bake in the preheated oven, 190°C/gas mark 5 for 20 minutes until the bacon is crisp and the top is golden.
Kategorien & Tags
Foto: Wolf, Nadine