- Serves 4
- 800 g baby new potatoes
- 2 free range egg yolks
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- 200 ml cold pressed rapeseed oil
- handful of wild garlic leaves
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small red pepper
- 8 spring onions
- 100 g shelled peas
- Cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 15 minutes or until just tender. Drain and rinse then under running cold water to cool. Cut into halves. Meanwhile make the mayonnaise, place the egg yolk, mustard and sugar into a liquidizer or food processor and blitz until combined.
- With the motor running, gradually add the oil a little at a time until the mixture begins to thicken, Then continue adding the oil in a slow thin stream until you have a thick creamy mayonnaise. If the mayonnaise becomes too thick you can add a little boiling water.
- Roughly chop the wild garlic and add to the mayonnaise, blitz again briefly. Season to tstser with salt and pepper. Cut the peppers in half and discard the seeds, then cut into dice and place in a large mixing bowl with the cold potatoes.
- Add the spring onions and peas. Add the mayonnaise and toss to combine. Chill until required.
Kategorien & Tags
Foto: Wolf, Nadine